Most of our grain is grown at Janie’s Farm in Ashkum, IL, and the rest comes from Janie’s Mill’s partners. We mill organic whole grains on our Danish stone mill for each bake on the day before mixing doughs. The freshly-milled flour contains all the aroma and nutrients of the grain, which begin to dissipate as soon as the grain is milled.
Our primary bread flour is a stonemilled, 80% extraction flour milled at Janie’s Mill on their mill, which is a larger version of our bakery mill, and has the capacity to sift off the coarser particles, creating a fine bread flour with all the flavor and much of the nutrition of the grain.
Our Organic Flours
- Ancient Grain Pancake Mix
- Frederick Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- Bread Flour, Hi Protein 80% extraction Glenn Wheat
- Pizza Flour, 70% extraction wheat
- Bread Flour, King Arthur
- Lang Whole Wheat Bread Flour
- Turkey Red Heirloom Whole Wheat Flour
- Spelt Flour
- Kamut Flour
- Rye Flour
- Red Fife Wheat Flour